Type and Size of Private JetThis aspect is the major determinant of the private jet rental cost. There are hundreds of types of jets that are distinguished from each other in every aspect. The size is another critical factor that has influenced the rental cost of a private jet. Jet sizes and types differ in various aspects such as
Airport space charges
The number of Passengers and Volume of Luggage:
- The number of individuals and the amount of luggage directly relate to the aircraft size. In this scenario, the number of passengers is a significant factor in determining the cost of a private jet.
Age of Aircraft:
- This is a fact that newer aircraft with exclusive and advanced features are more expensive to charter than the older ones.
- The private jet hourly rate lies in the range of $3,000-10,000 per hour, depending on the age and general condition of the aircraft.
Distance of Destination:
- Depending on the distance, JetLevel will choose the most suitable private jet for you within a cost-effective range. As smaller jets are favorable for distances shorter than 700 to 1,200 nautical miles. While super mid and heavy jets are highly efficient for traveling longer distances for 1200 nautical miles or greater.
Trip ScheduleYou must be wondering how the schedule can affect the private jet rental cost. It does affect greatly, as it is not a car to be parked anywhere. For a private jet, you have to acquire space at an airport. If you do a one-day tour it would be best as airline operators will ground the jet at the allotted destination. If a trip is longer than 2 days, the jet has to leave the airbase empty and it would ultimately affect the final cost. Other factors which influence private jet rents include
Departure and Return Day:The total duration of your trip can greatly affect the final private jet rental cost.
Timetable:JetLevel Aviation will provide customized solutions to accommodate departure times when the commercial airline is not available.
Duration of Stay:Private jet rent varies for a one-day trip and a staying trip for more days. JetLevel provides you with a complete guide on how to book a private jet for your trip. All the above-mentioned aspects are well-managed by the JetLevel team within an affordable range and nothing is left for you to worry about.
Private Jet CrewA private jet crew is based on two pilots and other flight attendants responsible for different onboard tasks. One member of an aircraft crew costs about $800 per night. This cost is for bearing their food, accommodation, and other onboard expenses. Travel expense for the crew is dependent on various prospects such as:
Duration of stay
On Board ServicesThese are additional services that influence the cost of your private air travel. These on-flight services include
- Sleeping arrangements
- Catering or ground transportation
- On-board Wi-Fi
- Cleaning and Hanger fees.
- Wi-Fi services cost ranges from $3 to $850 per megabyte depending on the convenience and standard rates of the specific area. Some older aircraft may not have Wi-Fi, while more advanced jets have built-in Wi-Fi systems.
Fuel SurchargeBasic cost of fuel is already included in the total jet rental cost. The fuel surcharge is the fuel cost that exceeds the estimated cost of fuel for a flight. Fuel surcharge also aligns with the size of the aircraft and it can add up to the cost of $600-900 per hour.
Finance LogisticsFinances always take up a major share of private jet rental costs. Airport fee includes several taxes and other charges which are mandatory to pay for private jets. The airport expense includes several taxes such as
- Aircraft’s landing tax
- Hangar fee
- Parking charges
- Expenses paid to the Airport
- The passenger transfer fee, etc.
Average Private Jets Rental Cost
|Most Famous Private Jets||Average Cost (per hour)|
|Turbo Prop (4-8 Seats) Very Light Jet (4 Seater)||$1700-4300 $ 4000|
|Light Jet (6-8 Seater)||$ 6000|
|Super Light Jet (6-8 Seater)||$ 7500|
|Mid Size Jet (6-8 Seater)||$8500|
|Super Midsize Business Jet (8-9 Seater)||$ 8500-10000|
|Heavy Private Jet (10-16 Seater)||$ 10000-12000|
|Ultra Long Range Private Jet (12-18 Seater)||$ 12000-16000|